Sunday, November 7, 2010

Product Rave!

PROCLAIM ARGAN OIL is my obsession of the week.  I picked this up at Sally's Beauty Supply for a mere $4.99. I really love the MoroccanOil brand but it seems so expensive and has a bit of an orange tint.  I could only put it in the brown part of my hair because it would leave the blonde with streaks of orange.  Since the Proclaim product was affordable, I thought I would give it a try.  I am obsessed!  It smells so delicious.  Very different from the MorocconOil but smells just as good.  It is clear so I won't have to worry about putting it in the blonde portion of my hair.  There are several ways to use Argan Oil.  You can put it in your hair when it is wet, put it on after your hair is dry, you can mix it with your conditioner, you can also do a treatment in which you would soak your hair in it and sleep overnight.  You can even douse your skin with it.  I decided to put it in my hair when it was wet, then I dried my hair as I do normally.  It made my hair silky smooth.  Amazing results.

Argan Oil is an oil produced from the kernels of the Argan tree in Morocco.  It remains to be one the rarest oils in the world.  It is used for nutrition, medicinal and cosmetic purposes.  Really interesting to read about.    All argan sold today is produced by a women's cooperative that shares the profits among the local women of the Berber tribe. The cooperative has established an ecosystem reforestation project so that the supply of argan oil will not run out and the income that is currently supporting the women will not disappear. The money is providing healthcare and education to the local women, and supporting the entire community as a whole.  (Information provided by Wikipedia) 

Goats climbing trees to eat the berries.
    Have you tried the Proclaim Argan Oil?                

3 comments:

  1. Lovely and informative post! I use Moroccan Oil brand and will give this a try- thanks!!

    XO
    Jolene
    jewelrybeadsbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy looking at the goats on the top of the tree. Thank you very much for liking my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am so glad that you did a review on this product. i saw it as i was leaving sally's a few weeks ago and was considering going back to give it a try. one question though, does it weigh your hair down at all? anywho, love your blog, really cute! i just started one of my own about a month ago. if you get a chance check it out and if you like what you see follow me. thanks so much
    fellow blogger
    shopalot12.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete