Sunday, September 19, 2010

Neverending Nudes!

I have always been obsessed with the 60's look of very dramatic dark smoky eyes and pale nude lips.  I used to put foundation or concealer on my lips and use clear or white lip gloss on top.  I have never liked colored lipstick on myself.  Very beautiful on others but not on me. 

My inspiration:



 


I am always searching for a very pigmented pale nude lipstick and even though I may have found the perfect one, I am always trying to find one to beat it.  Neverending!  I really like pink, beige and peach undertones.   

                                                                                 

My current favorites lippies in order:

Mac Pro- Fleshpot

Mac- Myth   

Mac- Creme D' Nude

Gosh- Darling

Mac- Hue

Mac- Equality

Mac- Shy Girl

Mac- Peachstock

Revlon- Soft Nude

Revlon- Nude Attitude


Nude lips are very high maintenance.  Number 1- Keep lips conditioned.  Number 2- Prime your lips with a lip eraser such as Mac Pro Lip Erase or Laura Geller Lip Spackle.  Number 3- Use a light colored lip pencil to line and fill in lips.  Number 4- Use a lip brush to apply lipstick or pat into your lips with your finger.    

 My Wishlist:

YSL Rouge Volupte- #2

Tom Ford- Blush Nude

Tom Ford- Vanilla Suede

OCC Lip Tar- Hush

OCC Lip Tar- Cha Cha

Barry M- Marshmallow

Do you like rocking  pale nude lips?  Are there any lipsticks I should try?


5 comments:

  1. Visually beautiful post! Love it! Thanks for checking me out- I love your blog too and am now a follower!!

    Jolene
    jewelrybeadsbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like the look on the pic with 261 on it!! =)
    would like to try that one soon!

    rinz @ miss-rinrin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. by the way, do you like the Nude Attitude by Revlon? I am thinking of buying one =/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like Revlon soft nude a little better, however I am a pale nude lip junkie. I like the concealer death look as some people would call it....lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay, thanks for this post; I've been looking for a nude lipstick for ages but always get blank looks from salespeople, even at MAC. You've armed me with some names :)

    ReplyDelete